WJR Travel Club presents Albuquerque & Santa Fe
The WJR Travel Club is traveling to the Land of Enchantment for the world-renowned Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Experience the world’s largest balloon festival in VIP fashion in the Gondola Club. Discover Albuquerque’s historic Old Town (steps from our beautiful hotel), learn fascinating history, and enjoy plenty of authentic New Mexican cuisine and spend a couple of nights in Santa Fe, the oldest U.S. capital city, and a creative arts hotbed. It is going to be an enchanting experience. But hurry – space is limited!
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $1599
Oct 11 – 16, 2023
6 Days / 5 Nights
Depart Home – Travel to Albuquerque, New Mexico
Welcome to the “land of enchantment”, New Mexico, where the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta has flourished into one of the world’s most photographed events. Tonight, we will gather for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to meet your fellow travel members. A Balloon Fiesta official will join us for a presentation with facts and stories of the largest hot air balloon event in the world.
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
Let’s get right to the highlight of the trip, the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. It is the largest balloon festival in the world, with over five hundred hot air balloons each year. We’ve secured tickets for the VIP experience at the Gondola Club, a private area away from crowds, in one of the most picturesque locations in Balloon Fiesta Park. After free time upon returning to the hotel, we will take a tour of the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center to experience a self-guided tour of the museum, dedicated to the preservation and perpetuation of the Pueblo Indian culture, history, and art. Later we will have dinner at a nearby BBQ restaurant.
Explore historic Old Town’s narrow streets and century-old adobe houses on a walking tour. The tour concludes in front of the 18th-century San Felipe de Neri Church, with time at leisure for lunch at one of the charming New Mexican eateries and artisan shopping. This afternoon, step back into the Atomic Age at the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History. Plane and history buffs alike will be wowed by its displays, including New Mexico’s largest aircraft collection.
Albuquerque – Santa Fe
This morning we will leave Albuquerque and travel to Santa Fe, New Mexico’s capital city. We will take a walking tour of this beautiful city to see the State Capitol, San Miguel Mission, Loretto Church and more before providing time at leisure for lunch and shopping in the Plaza. Then we will check in to our new home, the Eldorado Hotel & Spa, and enjoy a fun group dinner this evening.
Santa Fe – Taos – Santa Fe
Our final day of touring is a showstopper as we drive the breathtaking “high road” to Taos. Along the way we will stop in the historic village of Chimayo to see the National Historic Landmark, El Santuario de Chimayo. In Taos, we will see San Francisco de Asis Church before you have some leisure time for lunch. Later we will tour Taos Pueblo*, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has been continuously inhabited by Native Americans for over one thousand years.
Return to Albuquerque
After breakfast, head to Albuquerque International “Sunport” Airport,**** with lifelong memories of the magnificent Balloon Fiesta.
- Luxurious hotel accommodations throughout Albuquerque and Santa Fe *****
- Gondola Club Tickets to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
- All ground transportation
- Expert English-speaking guides
- 8 Meals (5 breakfasts, 3 dinners)
- Gratuities for drivers
- Taxes and fees as of 1/31/2023
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including tour manager
Exclusive to WJR Travel Club: Weekend Wonders:2023-10 Albuquerque
- Be our guest during a VIP Experience at the Balloon Fiesta.
- Take a walking tour of charming Santa Fe with a local expert.
- A balloon fiesta official presents fascinating facts and stories of the largest balloon event in the world.
- Drive the breathtaking “high road” to Taos to discover Taos Pueblo.
*Flights should arrive prior to 3:30 p.m. Check-in time at the Hotel Chaco is 4:00 p.m. Early arrivals are welcome to check their bags with the bellman and head out for independent exploration.
**Balloon launch at the International Balloon Fiesta is weather permitting. If our session is canceled, we will make alternate plans to include on another day of our tour, while in Albuquerque.
***Entrance into Taos Pueblo can close subject to tribal rituals and at the Pueblo Governor’s discretion. If advised of closure, we will make appropriate substitutions.
****Our tour ends at the Albuquerque Airport. The transfer, from Santa Fe to Albuquerque Airport, is approximately 1 ½ hours and is included in the tour. Flights should be booked after 12:00 noon.
*****Hotels may be substituted due to unforeseen circumstances
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 1/31/2023, Travel Insurance, Gratuities for local guides, Round-trip Air, Airline baggage fees, Items of a personal nature
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
A $500 per person non-refundable deposit is required with your reservation.
Final payment due 6/13/2023.
All payments can be made by credit card or check.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Your initial $500 deposit is non-refundable.
After 6/13/2023 or non-appearance on departure day,
100% of the cost of your travel arrangements is forfeited.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.