Cruise Alaska - America's Last Frontier
Embark on an awe-inspiring journey as you depart from Vancouver, British Columbia, and board the Celebrity Summit for a remarkable northbound cruise to Seward, Alaska. As you sail through the protected waters of the Alaska Inside Passage, you’ll be surrounded by the stunning beauty of fjords, lush islands, and an abundance of wildlife. This scenic route promises fantastic encounters with orcas, bald eagles, bears, and more.
Explore captivating destinations such as Ketchikan, known as the “Salmon Capital of the World,” and Sitka, where Russian heritage and natural wonders intertwine. In Juneau, the remote state capital, picturesque landscapes, rich culture, and opportunities for outdoor adventures await. The journey continues to Icy Strait Point, a place with a rich Tlingit heritage and abundant wildlife. Finally, cruise to the Hubbard Glacier, one of Alaska’s most exciting natural treasures. This incredible journey promises unforgettable moments and lasting memories as you explore the wonders of Alaska.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Aug 30 – Sept 6, 2024
8 Days / 7 Nights
|Depart Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Welcome to Vancouver! Make your way to Canada Place Pier* and board the Celebrity Summit for your northbound cruise to Seward, Alaska. Meet your Tour Director, in the departure area, who will assist you with check-in, answer questions, and share suggestions as your amazing adventure begins. (D)|
Cruising the Inside Passage
Sail beyond the Inside Passage into the protected waters of the Alaska Inside Passage in southeastern Alaska. This complex labyrinth of fjords, bays, and lush green islands is home to an abundance of wildlife, including orcas, mountain goats, bald eagles, bears, puffins, sea otters, and much more. With the extended daylight hours during the summer months, you’ll have ample opportunities to capture the wonders of nature with your camera as you sail along the Inside Passage.
Feel free to reach out to your Tour Director at the Hospitality Desk today and throughout the cruise for any inquiries. Your Tour Director is a valuable resource, ready to provide suggestions for unique opportunities that can help you create lasting memories of Alaska. (B, L, D)
You’ve never tasted salmon so fresh. Ketchikan, known as the “Salmon Capital of the World,” is also the ancestral homeland of the Tlingit people, who have carved the world’s largest collection of totem poles. For those seeking adventure, consider embarking on a canoe and nature trail excursion through the rainforest, or indulge in a wilderness exploration followed by an unforgettable, sumptuous crab feast! (B, L, D)
Cruise & Tour Event: Join your Tour Director and fellow travelers tonight for a laid-back gathering at one of Summit’s lounges. Bring along your impressive camera shots, share stories, and mingle with other group members. It’s a perfect evening to unwind and connect.
|Once a Russian settlement until the Alaska Purchase of 1867, Sitka’s Russian heritage remains deeply embedded in the city’s fabric. Visit St. Michael’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral for a pristine example of period architecture. Nestled on the coast of the Gulf of Alaska, there’s much natural beauty to explore, including Whale Park, the Sitka Historical Park with hundred-year-old totem poles, and Tongass National Forest. Another place well worth exploring is the Jackson Museum, which is the oldest standing museum in all of Alaska. It is home to a small yet impressive collection of artifacts representing various indigenous groups from across Alaska. (B, L, D)|
|Getting to Juneau isn’t a breeze, requiring a journey by air or sea. However, once you arrive, you’ll find majestic views and rich culture awaiting you in every corner. This remote state capital of Alaska, with its snowcapped mountains, misty rainforests, colossal glaciers, and abundant wildlife, provides the perfect backdrop to immerse yourself in the wonders of nature. Framed by Mount Juneau and Mount Roberts, the city’s picturesque downtown area showcases centuries-old bars, charming boutique shops, and historic landmarks. For a taste of the local culture, visit the historic district and the Alaska State Museum. For outdoor enthusiasts, the options are plentiful, ranging from whale watching in Auke Bay Harbor to tundra trekking over Mendenhall Glacier or trying your hand at gold panning in Last Chance Basin. (B, L, D)|
|Icy Strait Point, Alaska|
|For thousands of years, the Tlingit Indians have called this place home. Located near the city of Hoonah and housing a historic cannery, Icy Strait Point offers travelers the chance to view wildlife such as humpback whales, orcas, seals, eagles, and brown bears. Visitors can also explore the monuments that pay tribute to the region’s fishing heritage. (B, L, D)|
Hubbard Glacier – Cruising
The Hubbard Glacier is located 30 miles north off the coast of Yakutat and is by far one of Alaska’s most exciting natural treasures. On your cruise to Hubbard Glacier, enjoy incredible picture-perfect views of this magnificent ice formation from virtually every vantage point on your ship. Named in honor of Gardiner Hubbard, the founder and president of the National Geographic Society, Hubbard Glacier holds the title of being the world’s longest tidewater glacier. The dedicated onboard naturalist narrates the experience and keeps watch for whales, harbor seals, and otters that hunt and play in the waters of Yakutat Bay. (B, L, D)
Cruise & Tour Event: Tonight is an informal get-together with your Tour Director and your fellow travelers. Grab some drinks, join an informative session about the disembarkation process, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
|Seward, Alaska/Debark Ship|
|Bid a fond farewell to the Celebrity Summit and its crew, taking with you fond memories of your Alaskan journey.** (B)|
- 7-Night luxury cruise aboard the Celebrity Summit
- Expert guides
- 20 Meals (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners)
- Bottle of Champagne and plated Chocolate Strawberries in your Stateroom
- BOGO Offer: 75% discount for 2nd Passenger****
- Celebrity's Classic Beverage Package and Basic Wi-Fi Package
- Gratuities for cruise staff and Cruise & Tour’s Tour Director
- $100 Shipboard Credit per stateroom
- Port charges, taxes, and fees as of 11/6/23
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including Tour Director, sailing with you
*The Summit departs Canada Place Cruise Port, Vancouver on August 30th. All guests must be onboard no later than 4:00 p.m. Please allow approximately 30 minutes for transportation from the airport to the Pier.
- $100 Shipboard Credit Per Stateroom
- Cruise in style with a Classic Beverage Package, Wi-Fi, and pre-paid gratuities included.
- Indulge in plated chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne to raise a toast to your jaw-dropping journey up the Inside Passage.
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 11/6/23
- Travel Insurance
- Airfare to Vancouver and from Anchorage
- Transfers to/from Cruise Terminals/Airports
- Optional tours or Shore excursions
- Items of a personal nature
Activity Level 2
As this tour requires average physical activity, participants should be in overall good health, standing for periods of time, climbing stairs, and able to walk longer distances over level and uneven surfaces.
|Prime Inside||$1,399||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Prime Oceanview||$1,499||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Prime Oceanview Single Supplement (limited availability)||$1,399||Per Person|
|AquaClass||$2,999||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Prime AquaClass||$3,199||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Travel Insurance||Quoted at time of Booking||Per Person|
- A $500 per person non-refundable deposit is required with your reservation.
- A second deposit in the amount of $1,000 is due 2/16/24.
- Final payment is due 5/2/24 All payments can be made by credit card or check.
- Your initial $500 deposit is non-refundable.
- Between 2/16/24 and 5/2/24, the cancellation charge is 50% of the deposits paid.
- After 5/2/24 or non-appearance on departure day, 100% of the cost of your travel arrangements is forfeited.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.