Dan O'Donnell's Family Adventure - New York City
“I’m so excited to announce my brand new vacation series, The Dan O’Donnell Family Adventure! As a family man myself, I wanted to create a multi-generational family experience that the whole family can enjoy together. And I’m even more excited to announce that I’m working with Cruise & Tour, the same great team that has brought over 25 years of travel memories to WISN listeners.
For my inaugural Dan O’Donnell Family Adventure, what better place is there to kick something off than The Capital of the World? That’s right… The Big Apple, The City That Never Sleeps, New York City! It’s a place with something for the whole family and we’ll be experiencing much of what the city has to offer.
Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Grand Central Station, Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty–all of it! And there will be plenty of free family time to squeeze in even more sights, from our centrally-located hotel.
If you’ve never been to New York City, this is the way to do it! Here are the highlights:
– Tour historic Ellis Island and climb the Statue of Liberty
– Discover Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick’s Cathedral on a walking tour
– Eat your way through the iconic Grand Central Station on a food tour
– Walk through Wall Street, the financial capital of America
– Take a guided stroll through the magnificent Central Park, complete with a picnic
– Visit the famous American Museum of Natural History, where nature comes to life
– See “The Lion King” on Broadway, its third-longest running show
– Enjoy an Italian feast at the famous Carmine’s in Times Square
Hope to see you in New York!”
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement Starting at $799
August 8-13, 2018
6 Days / 5 Nights
Includes “The Lion King” on Broadway
Relax on your non-stop flight to “The Big Apple,” New York City. This evening, get to know Dan and your fellow travelers over some of that world-famous New York pizza (it’s the best!). (D)
From our centrally-located hotel just north of Times Square and Rockefeller Center and steps from beautiful Central Park, we’ll head out on a walking tour through Rockefeller Center (see the “Today Show” plaza and skating rink) and by St. Patrick’s Cathedral, ending at Grand Central Station. Eat your way through the most famous train terminal in the world while learning about the amazing history of this beautiful Beaux-Arts building. (B, L)
After breakfast you’ll commute like a real New Yorker when we ride the subway downtown. We’ll hop off at the financial mecca of Wall Street to see the New York Stock Exchange and famous bull before continuing on to Battery Park, where we board the ferry for Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Your guide will share stories of the millions of immigrants who came through Ellis Island to start anew (find the names of your ancestors) while touring the grounds and the Museum. Then experience New York City’s most iconic landmark first hand when we go inside the Statue of Liberty. When we arrive back onshore we’ll head to nearby Pier A for lunch (on own) on the water. After lunch, your coach will bring you back to our hotel with the balance of the day at leisure. (B)
Optional Tour – Visit Ground Zero & One World Trade Center (see “Optional Tours”)
This morning we’ll set out on a guided stroll through the magnificent wonder that is Central Park, admiring the many fountains, monuments, bridges and arches while learning the history of America’s first landscaped public park. Your morning ends with a picnic lunch in the park before heading into the American Museum of Natural History (the setting of “Night at the Museum”). You’ll forget you’re in Manhattan as you explore the incredible exhibits of our natural world. The afternoon is open for more exploration or some relaxation. (B, L)
The morning is yours to discover The Capital of the World as you wish; the hard part will be deciding what to do. Check out the Empire State Building, hang out in Greenwich Village, or venture to another borough to see Coney Island or the Bronx Zoo. When you return, we head to Broadway for a matinee show of “The Lion King,” winner of 6 Tony Awards including Best Musical. After the show, we’ll toast to NYC over a family-style Italian feast to conclude an unforgettable evening in Times Square. (B, D)
Your non-stop flight will have you home in time to tell tales of your Big Apple adventure over dinner. (B)
- Non-stop roundtrip airfare
- 5 nights at The Blakely New York hotel*
- 9 meals (5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners)
- Sightseeing as described in the itinerary
- “The Lion King” on Broadway
- Airport transfers in New York City
- Gratuities to local guides
- Metro Card for Subway use
- Q&A session with Dan O’Donnell
- Taxes & fees as of 11/1/17 (subject to change regardless of payment status)
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour
*The tour operator reserves the right to substitute hotel for similar accommodations should circumstances so require
- Travel insurance
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Checked baggage fees (if applicable)
- Increase in taxes & fees after 11/1/17
|Adult (Double Occupancy)||Child 0-16 (Sharing Parents/Grandparents Room*)||Single Supplement (Adult Only)|
*Rate based on child staying in the same room with two adults (5 max per room)
*Please inquire for rate of additional adults (age 17+) sharing a room with two adults
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT: A $500 per person deposit is required with your reservation. Final payment is due 4/30/2018. All payments can be made by credit card, check or cash. Please be advised that there is a 2.5% discount for making all payments by check or cash.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: All deposits and subsequent payments are non-refundable. This policy supersedes any other published cancellation and refund policy. Cancellation must be made in writing to Cruise & Tour. It is understood and agreed that in the event of cancellation, if flights are purchased other than the designated group flights, separate airline penalties may apply. If any other arrangements outside of the group package have been made, penalties may apply and are not the responsibility of Cruise & Tour. We strongly encourage the purchase of travel insurance to protect the investment in your vacation and to help in dealing with the unexpected emergencies.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Pro Plus Plan
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the RoamRight brochure, a brief summary of coverage and a rate table.
- When making your travel reservation, confirm with your Cruise & Tour representative if you will or will not be taking travel insurance.
- Payment for travel insurance can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Cruise & Tour and mail to PO Box 398, Waterford, WI 53185.
- Your Cruise & Tour representative will process your travel insurance on your behalf.
To view and print the Description of Coverage, click here.