Detroit vs New Orleans in the Big Easy with Steve Courtney
Experience the ultimate football adventure in the upbeat city of New Orleans with Steve Courtney! Immerse yourself in the “Jazz Capital of the World,” strolling along historic streets in the French Quarter where jazz was born. Get pumped up for the game at an exclusive balcony party on Bourbon Street, savoring New Orleans cuisine and drinks while embracing the electric atmosphere. On Game Day, cheer on Detroit vs. New Orleans, surrounded by the city’s football fervor. Embrace the soulful rhythm and vibrant culture as you explore the unique shops, restaurants, and jazz scene. Your trip concludes with a heart filled with joy and unforgettable memories of this exceptional New Orleans football experience.
Meet your Host: Steve CourtneyBorn and raised in Detroit, Steve Courtney is a lifetime Detroit fan in what he refers to as, “America’s Greatest Sports City". Before sharpening his radio skills at the Specs Howard School of Broadcast Arts, Steve graduated from Divine Child High School where he was a student-athlete, lettering in both football and baseball. Known for his humor and positive attitude, Steve‘s sports reporting is infused with both information and entertainment; a style that has earned him respect and likeability among players, coaches, guests, and colleagues.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $699
December 2-4, 2023
3 Days / 2 Nights
Arrive New Orleans
Your New Orleans football experience begins in the “Jazz Capital of the World”. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel, located on the famous Bourbon Street. This afternoon, take a walk along the historic streets of the French Quarter with a local guide to learn New Orleans’s rich history and discover where jazz was born. Have you ever tried beignets and café au lait? We’ll be making a special stop during the tour, to treat your taste buds to this New Orleans tradition, at Café Du Monde. Meals: Exclusive Balcony Party with food and an open bar
Steve Courtney’s Welcome Party: Tonight, join Steve Courtney on Bourbon Street for an exclusive balcony party. Get fired up for the game with an evening high above the world-famous Bourbon Street. Enjoy delicious New Orleans cuisine, drink from an open bar, and throw beads onto the crowds, with a corner balcony that offers the perfect atmosphere. Don’t forget to rock your Blue and Silver!
Are You Ready for Some Football?
It’s Game Day! Detroit vs New Orleans! In the Big Easy! Let’s goooo! After breakfast, it’s an easy walk to the Big Easy for a noon kick-off. Be sure to check out all the pre-game festivities, sights, and sounds of Champions Square, just outside the stadium. An interesting fact about the stadium: when it opened in 1975, it was the largest dome structure in the world, holding just over 72,000 fans. Later return to the hotel and enjoy time exploring the city independently. If you’re like so many other visitors to New Orleans, the neon lights, music, and atmosphere of Bourbon Street will be calling your name. Meals: Breakfast
Depart New Orleans
Your day begins with a jazz brunch at the historic Court of Two Sisters where you’re certain to enjoy a sumptuous array of dishes as you listen to jazz music played by first-class musicians. There is so much more to explore in New Orleans, which you’ll have time to discover, before leaving the city later tonight. Maybe cruise along the Mississippi River on a Steamboat, ride the streetcar along St. Charles Avenue, peruse the antique shops and jewelry stores on Royal Street, or take a stroll along Decatur Street where you’ll find shops, restaurants, street performers, and jazz. Later, an included transfer takes you to the airport for your flight home to Detroit. Meals: Brunch
- Economy class roundtrip domestic airfare from Detroit (DTW)*
- Premium hotel accommodations in the heart of the French Quarter, New Orleans**
- Game ticket - 600 Level Stadium Seating for Detroit vs New Orleans (Week 13)
- All ground transportation
- Expert guides
- 3 Meals (1 Breakfast, 1 Brunch, Exclusive Balcony Party including food and open bar)
- Taxes and fees as of 6/16/23
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour, including the Tour Director
*Other gateways may be available upon request. Additional charges may apply.
**Hotels may be substituted due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Ticket to week 13’s Detroit vs New Orleans game
- Steve Courtney’s Bourbon Street Welcome Party
- Jazz brunch at the historic Court of Two Sisters
- Tour New Orleans’ oldest and most vibrant neighborhood with a local expert
Activity Level: This tour moves at a moderate pace where planned activities are extended and there will be limited leisure time. Days may begin earlier or end later in the evening. You can expect to be standing and walking for longer periods of time, climbing steps, walking uphill, or walking along uneven surfaces.
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 6/16/23
- Travel Insurance
- Air upgrades
- Airline baggage fees
- Items of a personal nature
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.