Embark on a captivating 10-day journey through Egypt, where the past and present converge seamlessly. Begin with an overnight flight and arrive in Cairo, where you’ll find comfort at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino.
Immerse yourself in the iconic sights of the city before embarking on a scenic cruise along the Nile aboard the Farah Nile Cruise. Unveil the treasures of ancient history while cruising and return to the Cairo Marriott Hotel for a perfect blend of relaxation and exploration. You are sure to end your adventure with lasting memories of this enchanting land.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $1,699
March 8-17, 2024
10 Days / 9 Nights
Depart for Cairo
Today, you’ll board your fight to step back in time and explore Egypt’s incredible history, captivating legends, and fascinating stories while you stroll among its timeless marvels.
Arrive in Cairo
Begin your journey in Cairo, an ancient city with an intriguing past. Upon arrival, meet your guide and be whisked to your hotel along the Nile River’s bank.
After breakfast, visit the Pyramids of Giza on camelback, built during the 3rd and 4th dynasties of the Old Kingdom. These monumental undertakings stand as a marvelous testimony to the almost unbelievable skill and determination of their builders. Get a close-up view of the Great Pyramid, built for the Pharaoh Khufu, as well as the Pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure. Not far from the Pyramids, see the great Sphinx of Giza, the legendary statue with a human head and the body of a lion, amazingly carved out of one huge piece of limestone. (B, L, D)
Cairo – Luxor – Karnak – Board Ship
This morning, fly to Luxor, the site of Ancient Thebes (UNESCO), the East Bank, and home to the expansive Karnak and Luxor Temples. Wander through this 4,000-year-old complex of pylons and obelisks, often of near-mythic proportions. This afternoon, board your cruise ship for a leisurely voyage on the Nile River. Relax aboard, taking in the views from the sundeck. Later, delight in an evening visit to Karnak Temple, all lit up and boasting fascinating plays of light and shadows! (B, L, D)
West Bank – Esna – Edfu
Your day begins by venturing thousands of years into the past. Cross over to the West Bank of the Nile for a day in ancient Thebes. Explore the Valley of the Kings, before visiting the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut as well as the Colossi of Memnon. Return to the ship for lunch and relaxation as you continue down the Nile towards Esna, on your way to Edfu. (B, L, D)
Edfu – Kom Ombo – Aswan
Step into another world at the well-preserved Temple of Horus at Edfu. Peruse the endless carvings of scenes depicting the power and grandeur of the pharaohs. After lunch, set sail for Kom Ombo and continue to Aswan, the Nubian City. (B, L, D)
This morning, explore Philae, a UNESCO site dedicated to the goddess Isis. Arrive by motorboat and marvel at the Temple’s beautiful island location. Learn about Aswan’s ancient trade of granite extraction and carving techniques during a visit to an unfinished obelisk. Board a felucca (wooden sailboat), and sail around the Aswan Islands. (B, L, D)
Aswan – Disembark Cruise – Cairo
Disembark the ship this morning, return to Cairo, and enjoy time exploring the city independently. You may choose an optional tour to Abu Simbel**** instead. Plan the day as you desire. (B, L)
Today visit the Citadel of Salah El-din, where you will see the view of all of Cairo. Visit the Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque, considered the largest mosque, built at the beginning of the 19th century by the ruler of Egypt (1805-1849) who ruled Egypt for over 45 years. Later proceed to Old Cairo to visit fascinating built wonders such as the Hanging Church, which was built in the 3rd and beginning of the 4th century. Later, shop in the world-famous souk of Khan El-Khalili. Established as a center of trade in the Mamluk error, the opportunity to peruse colorful trinkets, hand-painted crafts, and polished pendants is endless. (B, L, D)
Depart for Home
Your epic adventure concludes today. Return home with a new understanding of this mystical land. (B)
- Economy class roundtrip airfare from Chicago (ORD) or Denver* (DEN)
- Roundtrip airport transfers from Milwaukee to Chicago (ORD)**
- Local In-country flights from Cairo to Luxor and Aswan to Cairo
- Premium hotel accommodations throughout Cairo and along the Nile River aboard Farah***
- All ground transportation
- Expert English-speaking guides
- Free Wi-Fi internet connection onboard the Farah
- 21 Meals (8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners)
- Gratuities for drivers, local guides & Egyptologist
- Taxes and fees as of 8/10/23
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including Egyptologist
*Other gateways may be available upon request. Additional charges may apply.
- Ride a Camel past the Pyramids of Egypt
- Sail down the Nile on your 4-night cruise
Abu Simbel Optional Tour
Be transported back in time to the great Temple of Abu Simbel, reclaimed from the floodwaters of the Aswan High Dam and totally reconstructed in its present location. The site is dominated by the looming twin temples of Ramses II and his wife Queen Nefertari. It is one of the most recognizable ancient sites in Egypt. Step inside the Great Temple and admire the colossal standing statues of Ramses II. Proceed to the Temple of Queen Nefertari to view the murals with images of the queen manifested in the form of the goddess Hathor.
- Optional tours may alter your insurance premium.
- This option may be moved to an alternate day.
- A very early morning departure is required based on flight times.
- Gratuities for drivers and local guide are not included.
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 8/10/23
- Travel Insurance
- Air upgrades
- Airline baggage fees
- Optional tours
- Gratuities for optional tours
- Destination Visa
- Items of a personal nature
|Per Person Double Occupancy||$6,699|
|Single Supplement (limited availability)||$1,699|
|Business Class Air Upgrade||Inquire at time of booking|
|Abu Simbel Optional Tour (per person)||$530|
|Travel Insurance||Quote at time of booking|
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.