WISN Great Escapes – Albuquerque & Santa Fe with International Balloon Fiesta
WISN Great Escapes is returning to the Land of Enchantment for the world-renowned Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta! Experience the world’s largest balloon festival in VIP fashion in the Gondola Club. Discover Albuquerque’s historic Old Town (steps from our beautiful hotel), learn some fascinating history, take a magnificent ride on the longest aerial tram in the country and enjoy plenty of authentic New Mexican cuisine. We’ll also spend a couple of nights in Santa Fe, the oldest U.S. capital city and a creative arts hotbed. It’s going to be an enchanting experience. But hurry – space is limited!
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $1599
Oct. 3-8, 2022
6 Days / 5 Nights
- Stay in the Heart of Albuquerque & Santa Fe in Luxurious Accommodations
- VIP Experience at the Balloon Fiesta
- Tour Historic Old Town
- Take a Ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway
- Explore Santa Fe & Taos
Relax on your flight to New Mexico. Tonight, we’ll gather for an outdoor welcome dinner. A Balloon Fiesta official will join us for a presentation. (D)
We’ll get right to the highlight of the trip, the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. It’s the largest balloon festival in the world, with over 500 hot air balloons each year. You’ll get a VIP experience for the Morning Ascension in the Gondola Club, a private area away from the crowds that includes delicious food, an open bar, local entertainment and private restrooms from the most picturesque location in Balloon Fiesta Park. After some free time upon returning to the hotel, we’ll take a tour of the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center before a breathtaking ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway, the longest aerial tram in the United States. After the stunning panoramic views, we’ll have dinner at a nearby BBQ restaurant. (B, D)
After breakfast at the hotel, we’ll explore historic Old Town’s narrow streets and century-old adobe houses on a walking tour. The tour concludes in front of the 18th-century San Felipe de Neri Church, with time for lunch at one of the charming New Mexican eateries and some artisan shopping. This afternoon, step back into the Atomic Age at the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History. Plane and history buffs alike will be wowed by its displays, including New Mexico’s largest aircraft collection. (B)
Today, after a stunning sunrise rooftop breakfast, we’ll leave Albuquerque and travel to Santa Fe, New Mexico’s capital city. We’ll take a walking tour of this charming city to see the State Capitol, San Miguel Mission, Loretto Church and more before some free time for lunch and shopping in the Plaza. Then we’ll check in to our new home, the Eldorado Hotel & Spa, and enjoy a fun group dinner this evening. (B, D)
Our final day of touring is a show stopper as we drive the breathtaking “high road” to Taos. Along the way we’ll stop in the historic village of Chimayo to see the National Historic Landmark, El Santuario de Chimayo. In Taos, we’ll see San Francisco de Asis Church before breaking for our farewell lunch. After a delicious meal we’ll tour Taos Pueblo (subject to reopening), a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has been continuously inhabited by Native Americans for over 1000 years. Enjoy dinner on your own tonight. (B, L)
After breakfast, head to the “Sunport” for our flight home, with lifelong memories in tow. (B)
- Roundtrip economy class airfare from Chicago
- 5 nights of luxurious hotel accommodations
- Bus transfer from/to Milwaukee
- 9 meals (5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners)
- Balloon Fiesta Gondola Club tickets (1 session)
- Sightseeing as described in your itinerary
- All ground transportation in New Mexico
- Taxes & fees as of 3/1/22
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including on-trip host
*The tour operator reserves the right to substitute a hotel of the same class should unforeseen circumstances so require
- Travel insurance
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Gratuities to local guides
- Checked baggage fees
- Items of a personal nature
- Increases in taxes, fees or surcharges after 3/1/22
COVID-19 NOTICE: All guests may be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result and/or proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Specific requirements will vary by destination governing bodies and travel vendor/ operator and are subject to change at any time. Masks may be required to be worn during portions of your trip and specific requirements will vary by destination governing bodies and travel vendor/operator. Any costs associated with these requirements shall be at the travelers’ expense. This shall not release the passenger from the cancellation policy stated above or be grounds for adjustment of the price of the travel arrangements reserved.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$500 per person deposit required with your reservation
Final payment due 6/3/22
All payments can be made by check or cash.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.