WISN Great Escapes – Albuquerque Int. Balloon Fiesta
The next stop in the WISN Great Escapes series is the Land of Enchantment for the world-renowned Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta! You’ll experience the world’s largest balloon festival in VIP fashion in the Gondola Club. We’ll discover Albuquerque’s historic Old Town (steps from our beautiful hotel), learn some fascinating history, take a magnificent ride on the longest aerial tram in the country and enjoy plenty of authentic New Mexican cuisine. We’ll also take a trip to Santa Fe, the oldest U.S. capital city and a creative arts hotbed. It’s going to be an enchanting experience. But hurry – space is limited!
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $849
Oct. 7-12, 2021
6 Days / 5 Nights
- Stay in the Heart of Albuquerque at the Luxurious Hotel Chaco
- VIP Experience at the Balloon Fiesta
- Tour Historic Old Town
- Take a Ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway
- Explore Santa Fe
Relax on your flight to New Mexico. Upon arrival in the Land of Enchantment, we’ll head over to Old Town for lunch before checking in to our beautiful hotel. Tonight, we’ll gather for an outdoor welcome dinner next door. (D)
Explore historic Old Town’s narrow streets and century-old adobe houses on a walking tour. The tour concludes in front of the 18th-century San Felipe de Neri Church, with time for lunch at one of the charming New Mexican eateries and some artisan shopping. Then we’ll head over to the National Museum of Nuclear Science (the nation’s only congressionally chartered museum in its field) to learn the story of the Atomic Age. Enjoy dinner on your own tonight. (B)
This is the highlight of the trip, a doubleheader day at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. It’s the largest balloon festival in the world, with over 500 hot air balloons each year. You’ll get a VIP experience for both the Morning Mass Ascension & Evening Balloon Glow sessions in the Gondola Club, a private area away from the crowds that includes delicious food, an open bar, local entertainment and indoor restrooms from the most picturesque location in Balloon Fiesta Park. You’ll have free time between the two sessions. (B, D)
The morning is yours to enjoy Albuquerque as you wish. This afternoon, we’ll stop at the Rio Grande Arts Festival (at Sandia Resort & Casino) then take a breathtaking ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway, the longest aerial tram in the United States. After the stunning panoramic views, we’ll have dinner at a local restaurant. (B, D)
Today we’ll leave Albuquerque and travel the Turquoise Trail (a National Scenic Byway) to Santa Fe, New Mexico’s capital city. We’ll tour Santa Fe before some free time for lunch and shopping in the Plaza. Then we’ll explore some interesting attractions around the city before heading back to Albuquerque, stopping for a final farewell dinner together on the way. (B, D)
After breakfast, head to the “Sunport” for our flight home, with lifelong memories in tow. (B)
- Roundtrip airfare
- 5 nights at Hotel Chaco*
- 9 meals (5 breakfasts, 4 dinners)
- Balloon Fiesta Gondola Club tickets (2 sessions)
- Sightseeing as described in your itinerary
- Airport & ground transfers in New Mexico
- Taxes & fees as of 1/1/20
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour
*The tour operator reserves the right to substitute a hotel of the same class should unforeseen circumstances so require.
- Travel insurance
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Gratuities to local guides
- Items of a personal nature
- Checked baggage fees
- Increases in taxes, fees or surcharges after 1/1/20
COVID-19 NOTICE: Effective immediately and until further notice, all guests may be required to provide one of the following in order to be able to travel: proof of vaccination, proof of recovery from COVID-19 (based upon a defined time frame specified by entry country), or a negative COVID-19 test result (based upon a defined time frame and test type specified by entry country). Specific requirements will vary by destination governing bodies and travel vendor/operator and are subject to change at any time. Cruise & Tour does not have any control over these requirements. Masks may be required to be worn during portions of your trip and specific requirements will vary by destination governing bodies and travel vendor/operator. Cruise & Tour does not have any control over these requirements. Any costs associated with these requirements shall be at the travelers’ expense. This shall not release the passenger from the cancellation policy or be grounds for adjustment of the price of the travel arrangements reserved.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$500 per person deposit required with your reservation
Final payment due 6/9/21
All payments can be made by check or cash.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Pro Plus Plan
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the RoamRight brochure, a brief summary of coverage and a rate table.
- When making your travel reservation, confirm with your Cruise & Tour representative if you will or will not be taking travel insurance.
- Payment for travel insurance can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Cruise & Tour and mail to PO Box 398, Waterford, WI 53185.
- Your Cruise & Tour representative will process your travel insurance on your behalf.
To view and print the Description of Coverage, click here.