Guy Gordon Vacation – Paris to Normandy
I am so excited and grateful to be taking over for Frank Beckmann on this incredible journey of culture and history, which like many touches me personally. Imagine walking Omaha Beach, the very beach so many brave Americans stormed on D-Day 75 years ago. Then picture yourself taking a romantic stroll by the Eiffel Tower, which happens to be just a two-minute walk from our Paris hotel. This vacation has it all, I am so honored to invite you on:
Paris to Normandy – A Journey Through History
Aboard the Amadeus Diamond
Of course we’re going to cruise the Seine River in style, which is why we have chosen the Amadeus Diamond to be our floating luxury hotel as we sail from one highlight to the next. And since we’ve reserved over half the boat, we’re going to have a great opportunity to get to know one another (over a cocktail preferably). We’ve also scheduled a welcome session, a Q&A and a cocktail party.
Let’s take this once-in-a-lifetime vacation together.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement Available
Sep. 12-22, 2021
11 Days / 10 Nights
- Spend a full day learning the World War II history of Normandy
- Discover the awe-inspiring Palace of Versailles
- Walk along Ètretat’s cliff-top paths
- Explore the streets that inspired the likes of Picasso and van Gogh in Montmartre
- See Claude Monet’s famous water lily pond at Giverny
Relax on your overnight flight to Paris.
Upon arrival in the “City of Lights,” enjoy a panoramic tour of Paris, including an inside visit of Notre-Dame Cathedral. This evening, get to know your fellow group members over dinner and French wine.
With so much to see and do in one of the world’s great cities we just couldn’t choose what to do. So we’ve given you some incredible (included) options to choose from. Take in Paris’ famed covered passages, learn the history of Paris’ fashion scene, or take a Paris World War II tour.
This morning, enjoy some free time to take in a French cafe or a stroll past the Eiffel tower. Or you can choose to take an optional tour to explore more of the city. This afternoon, we’ll board the Amadeus Diamond and begin our cruise down the Seine. Enjoy a welcome cocktail and specially prepared dinner.
Arrive in Conflans, at the confluence of the Oise and the Seine. On your included excursion, visit the little town of Auvers-sur-Oise, an inspiration to many of the famous Impressionist masters. The most famous of these artists is Vincent van Gogh, whose final resting place is located here. Van Gogh painted close to 80 canvases here.
This morning we reach Rouen, often called the “Ville Musée” (Museum Town). Here you can visit the cathedral that inspired Claude Monet and the modern Church of Joan of Arc with its magnificent 16th-century stained glass windows. This afternoon stroll down the romantic “Abbey Trail” for a view of countless churches, castles and abbeys.
Today you can explore the Normandy coastline with a walk along Ètretat’s cliff-top paths, which have inspired many well-known artists. Nearby is the city of Honfleur, where the Seine meets the Atlantic. This harbor town is regarded as a jewel on the Côte Fleurie and is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
Our journey through history takes us to one of the most important events of the past century, the D-Day invasion site. Together, we will discover where it all began – the landing beaches of Normandy. The staggeringly big concrete blocks remaining from the Mulberry artificial harbor bring the massive Allied operations here back to life. The Longues-sur-mer artillery battery, just one of Hitler’s installations along his massive Atlantic Wall, show you the enormity of the task at hand. And the bleach white crosses at the Normandy American Cemetery bring it all home as we pay our respects to the fallen heroes of the “Greatest Generation.” The American Flag will lower to the sound of Taps, and conclude a day you will never forget.
Today our vessel anchors in the little town of Les Andelys in the shadow of Chateau Gaillard, the one-time home to Richard the Lionheart. Relax in town or venture farther on an included tour to nearby Giverny, home to Impressionist Claude Monet until his death in 1926. The beautiful surroundings and vivid flora were inspirations for some of his most famous works.
Today round out your Guy Gordon Vacation with a visit to the spectacular Palace of Versailles. This afternoon discover the quirky artists’ district of Montmartre and visit Sacré-Coeur, located on the highest hill in northern Paris. (Montmartre tour not included in vacation package)
- Roundtrip economy class airfare from Detroit
- 7 nights aboard the Amadeus Diamond including all meals, beer & wine with lunch and dinner, WiFi, Whisper Audio on tours and bottled water
- 2-night Paris hotel package with breakfast
- All ground transportation in France
- Custom luggage handling
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including onboard cruise hosts
- All taxes & fees (subject to change regardless of payment status)
- Guy Gordon Exclusives
Gordon Vacation Exclusives:
- 2-Night Hotel Package Including:
- Accommodations Just Steps from the Eiffel Tower
- Welcome Dinner with Wine
- Paris Tour of Your Choice
- 10 Tours Highlighted by an Exclusive Normandy Tour with American Cemetery Visit
- Cocktail Party
- Get to Know Guy over a Q&A
- Guy Gordon Gift Set
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities for crew & tour guides
- Airline baggage fees (if applicable)
- Items of a personal nature
|Category||Room Size||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Panoramic Window Cabin (C-4)||162 sq. ft.||$5499|
|Panoramic Window Cabin (C-1)||162 sq. ft.||$5699|
|Lower French Balcony Cabin (B-4)||162 sq. ft.||$6399|
|Lower French Balcony Cabin (B-1)||162 sq. ft.||$6599|
|Upper French Balcony Cabin (A-1)||162 sq. ft.||$7199|
|Suite w/ French Balcony||237 sq. ft.||$7899|
|Single Cabin w/ Panoramic Window (1 available)||107 sq. ft.||$6599|
|Single Supplement||Please Call|
|Optional Travel Insurance||Please Call|
|Optional Air Upgrades||Please Call|
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$1000 per person deposit required with your reservation
$2000 per person second deposit due 2/12/21
Final payment due 5/14/21
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Initial $1000 deposit refundable through 2/12/21, less a $500 cancellation fee
2/13/21 to 5/14/21: Cancellation charge is 50% of deposits paid
After 5/14/21 or non-appearance on departure day: 100% of cost forfeited
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Pro Plus Plan
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the RoamRight brochure and application form, a brief summary of coverage and a rate table.
- When making your travel reservation, confirm with your Cruise & Tour representative if you will or will not be taking travel insurance.
- Payment for travel insurance can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Cruise & Tour and mail to PO Box 398, Waterford, WI 53185.
- Your Cruise & Tour representative will process your travel insurance on your behalf.
To view and print the Description of Coverage, click here.