Jay Weber's Great Escapes – Washington, DC
Our nation’s capital! Even if you’ve been before, there is so much to see and experience in Washington, DC, a city that has changed drastically in the last few years. On my 2019 Great Escape, we’ll be staying right in the heart of it all, just moments from all of the famous monuments and museums! We’ll see the iconic sites, learn plenty of history, take a cruise on the Potomac and enjoy some good food, all with a great bunch of Wisconsinites.
May 2-6, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
- Stay in the Perfect Location at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center
- Visit the Famous Memorials
- Take a Private Tour of the White House
- Tour the United States Capitol
- Explore Historic Georgetown
Relax on your nonstop flight to DC. After settling in steps from the White House at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center, get to know Jay and your fellow travelers over a welcome dinner. (D)
This morning our tour of the nation’s capital begins appropriately with an inside tour of the U.S. Capitol Building to see the Crypt, Rotunda and National Statuary Hall. From there we’ll hop on a coach for a full-day tour to all of the memorial heavy hitters (Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, Martin Luther King Jr., World War II and Korean War). Between seeing the famous sites, we’ll board a boat for a scenic lunch cruise on the Potomac River. (B, L)
After breakfast, we’ll visit the White House for a specially-arranged inside tour (subject to change to alternate site based on approval). In the afternoon, we’ll explore historic Dupont Circle and Georgetown to hear tales, secrets and gossip of Washington’s former elite. Then enjoy free time to visit its many shops and restaurants before heading back to the hotel. (B)
Today is yours to discover DC as you wish. Later, enjoy a scrumptious farewell dinner with Jay and the group. Your Great Escape is capped off with a night tour of the Federal Triangle to hear the area’s history (and ghost stories). (B, D)
A nonstop flight brings you home to tell tales of your adventure in our nation’s capital. (B)
- Nonstop roundtrip airfare
- 4 nights at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center*
- 7 meals (4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners)
- Sightseeing as described in your itinerary
- Airport transfers in Washington, DC
- Q&A session with Jay
- Taxes & fees as of 9/1/18
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour
*The tour operator reserves the right to substitute a hotel of the same class should unforeseen circumstances so require.
- Travel insurance
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Gratuities to local guides
- Items of a personal nature & checked baggage fees
- Increases in taxes, fees and surcharges after 9/1/18
**Tours to Washington, DC can include a considerable amount of walking. Participants should be capable of walking two miles in a day.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$500 per person deposit required with your reservation
Final payment due 1/2/19
All payments can be made by credit card, check or cash.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Due to the popular nature of Jay Weber’s Great Escapes, all deposits and subsequent payments are non-refundable. This policy supersedes any other published cancellation and refund policy.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Pro Plus Plan
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the RoamRight brochure and application form, a brief summary of coverage and a rate table.
- When making your travel reservation, confirm with your Cruise & Tour representative if you will or will not be taking travel insurance.
- Payment for travel insurance can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Cruise & Tour and mail to PO Box 398, Waterford, WI 53185.
- Your Cruise & Tour representative will process your travel insurance on your behalf.
To view and print the Description of Coverage, click here.