Jay Weber's "Trip of a Lifetime" – Paris to the Beaches of Normandy
Ten years ago I briefly visited Paris at the end of my third “Trip of a Lifetime.” It was such a tease and I’ve always wanted to go back. You also probably know that I am a huge history buff. 2019 marks the 75th anniversary of the D-Day invasion that took place in Normandy, France. So we have one iconic destination that I need to see more of and one that I have always longed to go to. Seems to me like the perfect recipe for a “Trip of a Lifetime!”
This is going to be a special vacation for so many completely different reasons. Imagine walking Omaha Beach, the very beach so many brave Americans stormed 75 years ago. I have chills just thinking about it. Then picture yourself taking a romantic stroll by the Eiffel Tower, which happens to be just a three minute walk from our hotel. And there’s so much more.
I am so excited to be making this journey and I hope you will join me.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement Available
October 20-30, 2019
11 Days / 10 Nights
- Discover Notre-Dame Cathedral on an inside visit
- Take in the awe-inspiring Palace of Versailles
- Explore the streets that inspired the likes of Picasso and van Gogh in Montmartre
- See Claude Monet’s famous water lily pond at Giverny
- Walk along Ètretat’s cliff-top paths
- Spend a full day learning the World War II history of Normandy
Relax on your overnight flight to Paris.
Upon arrival in the “City of Lights,” enjoy a panoramic tour of Paris, including an inside visit of Notre-Dame Cathedral. This evening, get to know your fellow group members over dinner and French wine.
With so much to see and do in one of the world’s great cities we just couldn’t choose what to do. So we’ve given you some incredible (included) options to choose from. Take in Paris’ famed covered passages, learn the history of Paris’ fashion scene, or take a Paris World War II tour.
This morning, enjoy some free time to take in a French cafe or a stroll past the Eiffel tower. Or you can choose to take an optional tour to explore more of the city. This afternoon, we’ll board the Amadeus Diamond and begin our cruise down the Seine. Enjoy a welcome cocktail and specially prepared dinner.
Arrive in Conflans, at the confluence of the Oise and the Seine. On your included excursion, visit the little town of Auvers-sur-Oise, an inspiration to many of the famous Impressionist masters. The most famous of these artists is Vincent van Gogh, whose final resting place is located here. Van Gogh painted close to 80 canvases here.
This morning we reach Rouen, often called the “Ville Musée” (Museum Town). Here you can visit the cathedral that inspired Claude Monet and the modern Church of Joan of Arc with its magnificent 16th-century stained glass windows. This afternoon stroll down the romantic “Abbey Trail” for a view of countless churches, castles and abbeys.
Today you can explore the Normandy coastline with a walk along Ètretat’s cliff-top paths, which have inspired many well-known artists. Nearby is the city of Honfleur, where the Seine meets the Atlantic. This harbor town is regarded as a jewel on the Côte Fleurie and is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
2019 marks the 75th anniversary of the D-Day invasion. Together, we will discover where it all began – the landing beaches of Normandy. The staggeringly big concrete blocks remaining from the Mulberry artificial harbor bring the massive Allied operations here back to life. The Longues-sur-mer artillery battery, just one of Hitler’s installations along his massive Atlantic Wall, show you the enormity of the task at hand. And the bleach white crosses at the Normandy American Cemetery bring it all home as we pay our respects to the fallen heroes of the “Greatest Generation.” The American Flag will lower to the sound of Taps, and conclude a day you will never forget.
Today our vessel anchors in the little town of Les Andelys in the shadow of Chateau Gaillard, the one-time home to Richard the Lionheart. Relax in town or venture farther on an included tour to nearby Giverny, home to Impressionist Claude Monet until his death in 1926. The beautiful surroundings and vivid flora were inspirations for some of his most famous works.
Today discover the quirky artists’ district of Montmartre and visit Sacré-Coeur, located on the highest hill in northern Paris. Then round out your Normandy experience with a visit to the spectacular Palace of Versailles.
- Roundtrip economy class airfare from Chicago
- 7 nights aboard the Amadeus Diamond including all meals, beer & wine with lunch and dinner, WiFi, Whisper Audio on tours and bottled water
- 2-night Paris hotel package with breakfast
- All ground transportation including Milwaukee to Chicago airport transfers
- Custom luggage handling
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including onboard cruise hosts
- All taxes & fees (subject to change regardless of payment status)
- Jay Weber Exclusives
Jay Weber Exclusives:
- 2-Night Hotel Package Including:
- Accommodations Just Steps from the Eiffel Tower
- Welcome Dinner
- Paris Tour of Your Choice
- 11 Tours Included Highlighted by an Exclusive Normandy Tour with American Cemetery Visit
- Cocktail Party
- Get to Know Jay over a Q&A
- Jay Weber Gift Set
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities for crew & tour guides
- Airline baggage fees (if applicable)
- Items of a personal nature
|Category||Room Size||Per Person Double Occupancy||Single Supplement|
|Panoramic Window Cabin (C-4)||162 sq. ft.||$4999||$2299|
|Panoramic Window Cabin (C-1)||162 sq. ft.||$5199||$2599|
|Lower French Balcony Cabin (B-4)||162 sq. ft.||$5799||$2999|
|Lower French Balcony Cabin (B-1)||162 sq. ft.||$5899||$3199|
|Upper French Balcony Cabin (A-1)||162 sq. ft.||$6199||$3499|
|Suite w/ French Balcony||237 sq. ft.||$6699||$3999|
|Single Cabin w/ Panoramic Window (Only two available)||108 sq. ft.||$5699||N/A|
|Optional Travel Insurance||Please Call|
|Optional Air Upgrades||Please Call|
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$1000 per person deposit required with your reservation
$2000 per person second deposit due 3/22/19
Final payment due 6/21/19
All payments can be made by credit card, check or cash.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Initial $1000 deposit refundable through 3/22/19, less a $500 cancellation fee
3/23/19 to 6/21/19: Cancellation charge is 50% of deposits paid
After 6/21/19 or non-appearance on departure day: 100% of cost forfeited
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Pro Plus Plan
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the RoamRight brochure, a brief summary of coverage and a rate table.
- When making your travel reservation, confirm with your Cruise & Tour representative if you will or will not be taking travel insurance.
- Payment for travel insurance can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Cruise & Tour and mail to PO Box 398, Waterford, WI 53185.
- Your Cruise & Tour representative will process your travel insurance on your behalf.
To view and print the Description of Coverage, click here.