Paris to Normandy with Jeff Katz
Embark on an exceptional Uniworld Boutique River Cruise led by the esteemed WRVA radio personality, Jeff Katz, to explore the captivating wonders of Paris, Normandy, and beyond. Prepare to be enchanted as you cruise along the picturesque Seine River, immersing yourself in the rich tapestry of French history, art, and culture. Discover the timeless elegance of Paris, where you’ll visit renowned landmarks such as the magnificent Palace of Versailles and the world-famous Louvre Museum, home to priceless masterpieces. Delve into the poignant past of Normandy as you explore the historic city of Rouen, walking in the footsteps of Joan of Arc and admiring its remarkable Gothic architecture. As you sail along the Seine, indulge in Uniworld’s signature luxury and impeccable service, surrounded by elegant comforts and exceptional dining experiences. This extraordinary journey promises to be an unforgettable fusion of cultural immersion and scenic beauty. Join us on this remarkable river cruise to Paris, Normandy, and beyond, where history, art, and enchantment await at every turn.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement from $5,999
April 5-14, 2024
10 Days / 9 Nights
Depart for the City of Lights – Overnight Flight
Relax on your overnight flight to Paris.
Upon arrival in the “City of Lights,” explore Paris in a unique way aboard an electric tuk-tuk and discover the highlights of the French capital and its iconic monuments while sipping on a glass of champagne. Arrive at your hotel for an afternoon of leisure. This evening, get to know your fellow group members over dinner and French wine at the Eiffel Tower! (D)
Paris – Embark your Ship
Travel like a local this morning. Jump on the metro and whisk yourself to the Louvre Museum. By far, one of the most visited cultural sites in France, the Louvre Museum is a top Parisian landmark. With its rich architecture and the masterpieces within, the Louvre Museum will take you on a journey from the Antiquity period to the 20th century. More than 35,000 works await, including iconic artworks such as the Mona Lisa and The Venus de Milo. Later board the S.S. Joie de Vivre to begin your journey to Normandy. (B, D)
La Roche-Guyon, Vernon, Giverny
Today is a celebration of northern France’s natural beauty. Enjoy an excursion to a splendid château and gardens which are situated in an equally grand setting. Have the chance to immerse yourself in the very landscapes that inspired Impressionist master Claude Monet. In the morning, choose between a scenic hike or a visit to the hilltop Château de La Roche-Guyon, which is surrounded by beautiful gardens and offers sweeping views over the Seine. Later, explore the beautiful gardens of Monet. You can choose to take in the French countryside on your way there with an invigorating bike ride or opt to arrive by coach instead. A special Captain’s Welcome Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you this evening. (B, L, D)
Walk in the footsteps of greatness in Normandy’s medieval capital, a city with a historic quarter that remains amazingly intact. From the cathedral Monet painted dozens of times to the cross marking the spot where Joan of Arc was martyred, Rouen is a treasure trove for the culturally curious. The roll call of famous people who lived or died in Rouen is long and varied Richard the Lionheart, Joan of Arc, Gustave Flaubert, and Claude Monet are among them. The choice is yours! You may choose a walking tour to explore this Normandy Capital with a local guide or visit a family farm to see and taste a variety of cheeses, a product integral to French heritage and culture.
Exclusive Experience: Tonight, walk through the streets of Rouen to see this charming medieval city in a different light. You’ll arrive at the famous cathedral to enjoy a private concert. This is a wonderful way to appreciate the long musical heritage of the cathedral, whose choir and grand organ date back several hundred years. As you take in the sounds of traditional European music, look around to appreciate the mix of Gothic, Renaissance, and other architectural styles that comprise this building. (B, L, D)
Caudebec-en-Caux, a lovely little town on the right bank of the Seine Estuary, is your base for one of two very different excursions. You could drive through the beautiful Calvados countryside to Honfleur, a delightful seaside harbor and city of painters, or head to the windy cliffs of Étretat for a round of golf. (B, L, D)
There are moments when we travel that move us on an otherworldly level—experiences that stir a profound emotional connection. The Normandy beaches certainly have that effect. On your full-day outing, you’ll visit Normandy’s beaches, including Utah Beach and Ste-Mère-Église, with a choice to venture to either the American, British, and Commonwealth, or Canadian beaches. After, you’ll partake in a private ceremony at the Omaha Beach Memorial—a sentimental remembrance of Operation Overlord. (B, D)
How did France’s rulers live over the centuries? Step into the private rooms of the Palace of Versailles, the lavish palace built by the Sun King, to find out. A special Captain’s Farewell Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you this evening. (B, L, D)
Our tour returns to the “City of Light”, where you’ll choose from a selection of activities today in Paris. Enjoy a panoramic overview of the city, join a local expert for a walk through two much-loved neighborhoods, or pedal your way along the Left Bank, a fresh and fun way to take in the sights. (B, L, D)
Paris – Depart for Home
Disembark the ship today and transfer to Charles de Gaulle Airport for your flight home. (B)
- Roundtrip airport transfers from WRVA Headquarters to Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Economy class roundtrip airfare from Dulles International Airport (IAD)*
- 1 Night at the Hotel Beauchamps, Paris
- 7 Nights onboard Uniworld’s Boutique River Cruises, delightfully designed, S.S. Joie de Vivre** ($100 shipboard credit per person; Unlimited premium wines and spirits; WIFI; Excursions)
- All ground transportation
- Expert English-speaking guides
- 21 Meals (8 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 8 dinners)
- Gratuities for cruise staff, all onboard activities and motorcoach transfer drivers between airports, cruise vessels, and hotels, drivers & local guides in Paris
- Taxes and fees as of 6/15/23
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including Tour Director
*Other gateways may be available upon request. Additional charges may apply.
- Cocktails with your host, Jeff Katz
- Get to know Jeff Katz over a Q&A session
- Explore Paris in a unique way aboard an electric tuk-tuk
- Welcome Dinner in the Eiffel Tower
- Partake in a private ceremony at the Omaha Beach Memorial—a sentimental remembrance of Operation Overlord
- $100 Shipboard Credit Per Person
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 6/15/23
- Travel Insurance
- Air upgrades
- Gratuities for drivers & local guides while in ports of call during your cruise
- Airline baggage fees
- ETIAS authorization, and Items of a personal nature
Uniworld's Boutique River Cruise
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.