Paul W. & Kim's Dream Vacation - Discover Cuba, Mexico & Belize Aboard the Luxurious Oceania Riviera
Each day you hear me say: “Make each and every day count! Each day is a gift!” Well, Kim and I would like to invite you to do just that! Imagine…exploring ancient ruins near Costa Maya, snorkeling in the crystalline waters of the Belize Barrier Reef and touring OLD HAVANA in a vintage 1950s car by day. And then at night, your exotic vacation transforms into a luxury retreat aboard a world-class ship. The wine is flowing, the conversation is rich and the food…mouthwatering!
On February 15, 2019, we’ll jet from Detroit to South Florida to enjoy a welcome reception and spend two fabulous nights at the Riverside Hotel, right on Las Olas Boulevard…Fort Lauderdale’s unique shopping and nightlife district.
Then we’ll board the award-winning Oceania Riviera for seven nights of first-class service and exquisite culinary experiences. Stops in Costa Maya, Mexico and Belize City, Belize blend tropical beauty and ancient Mayan ruins. Then we’ll explore a city I thought I might never get to discover in person, Havana, Cuba. And boy, do they have a day planned for us there! You’ll experience Cigars, Cars & Culture and get a taste of all that Havana has to offer; fine Cuban cigars, vintage 1950s cars and an insiders tour of Old Havana that will take you to many sites that are not on any tourist maps! This incredible, full-day tour in Cuba is included and exclusively for WJR TravelClub members only, that would be YOU, if you join us!
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement Available
February 15-24, 2019
10 Days / 9 Nights
Book by Friday, Sept. 21 to receive a $200 Shipboard Credit
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Relax on your flight to South Florida. On arrival you’ll be transferred to the perfectly situated Riverside Hotel right on Las Olas Boulevard, the heart and soul of Fort Lauderdale. This eclectic shopping and dining district is lined with fashion boutiques, art galleries, outstanding restaurants, sidewalk cafes, bars and, of course, palm trees.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Your second day in Fort Lauderdale is free for you to unwind and get into vacation mode. Explore Las Olas or relax on the spectacular beach. Then get to know your fellow WJR TravelClub members as well as Paul W. and Kim Smith over drinks and hors d’oeuvres at an outdoor welcome reception.
We’ll head to Miami to board the Oceania Riviera, departing in the evening.
Costa Maya, Mexico
The cruise port of Costa Maya in Mexico’s developing Costa Maya region is surrounded by dense jungle and turquoise waters and blessed with radiant sunshine. No wonder the ancient Maya lived nearby, building ceremonial centers like Chacchoben, where you can climb among the ruins, many of which are still being excavated. Look for raucous toucans in the trees.
Belize City, Belize
Visit the beautifully restored temples and plazas of Cahal Pech, a major Mayan site on a hilltop, or explore Belize City and its museum filled with Mayan artifacts. Journey along the Olde Belize River en route to Altun Ha and watch for howler monkeys, alligators and iguanas. Or head for the stunning Belize Barrier Reef (the second largest in the world) to dive or snorkel in crystalline waters.
The door to Cuba’s soul, Havana captivates with its larger-than-life culture, sultry rhythms and weathered beauty. In your included full-day tour of Cuba’s capital, you’ll explore much that the city has to offer. First is a visit to the neighborhood of Cerro to meet an entrepreneur who is the owner of a local small scale winery. Next, get picked up in a classic car and travel through some of Cuba’s non-touristy neighborhoods to enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of a humidor factory. Afterwards, continue on in your marvelously-preserved vintage automobile through Miramar (where the wealthy once lived during Havana’s heyday), down the Malecón (Havana’s sea-walled avenue), through old and modern districts.
After lunch on your own in one of Old Havana’s charming cafes, explore the streets of Old Havana on a walking tour. Walking down Obispo Street you pass El Floridita, Hemingway’s favorite bar. Then stroll to Plaza de Armas, Havana’s oldest square to learn about the history and rich heritage of the buildings in this charming plaza.
This evening, a special dinner (a traditional roasted whole pig with Cuban accompaniments) will be served at one of Havana’s best paladares, Habanera. Enjoy live music, a salsa class, a cigar rolling demonstration and so much more. You can even venture across the street to Havana’s La Casa del Habano (cigar shop).
After docking overnight we’ll depart Havana at noon to head back to Miami.
Disembark in Miami and fly home, reflecting on a Dream Vacation.
- FREE gratuities ($320 Balcony, $460 Suites savings per couple)
- FREE unlimited internet ($279 Savings)
- FREE dining at all specialty restaurants
- FREE unlimited soft drinks, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso, teas & juices
- Roundtrip economy class airfare from Detroit
- Transfers and custom luggage handling
- 2-night Ft. Lauderdale package including deluxe accommodations at the Riverside Hotel & welcome reception
- 7 nights of luxury cruising aboard the Oceania Riviera
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour
Plus your choice of (pick one):
- FREE House Beverage Package
- FREE $400 Shipboard Credit
- FREE Shore Excursions (choose 4)
Benefits are per stateroom
WJR TravelClub Exclusives:
- 2-Night Fort Lauderdale Package
- Cigars, Cars & Culture Full-Day Tour
- Insiders Tour
- Ride in a 1950s Vintage Car
- Old Havana Walking Tour
- Cuban Pig Roast
- Salsa & Cigar Rolling Demos
- Paul W. Smith Q&A
- Fort Lauderdale Welcome Reception
- Cocktail Party
- Cuba Lecture
- WJR TravelClub Gift Set
- Photo & Autograph Opportunities
- WJR Hospitality Desk
- Taxes & fees of $168 per person
- Cuban visa fee (approximately $75-$90)
- Travel insurance
- Baggage fees
- Meals not described in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone, etc.)
|Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom (C)||242 sq. ft.||$4399|
|Veranda Stateroom (B3)||284 sq. ft.||$4899|
|Concierge Level Veranda (A3)||284 sq. ft.||$5199|
|Penthouse Suite (PH3)||420 sq. ft.||$5899|
|Penthouse Suite (PH2)||420 sq. ft.||$5999|
|Taxes & Fees||$168 Per Person*|
*Does not include Cuban visa fee (approximately $75-$90 additional)
Please inquire for single pricing
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$1250 per person deposit required with your reservation
$2000 per person second deposit due 7/20/18
Final payment due 10/18/18
All payments can be made by credit card, check or cash. Please be advised that there is a 2.5% discount for making all payments by check or cash.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Initial $1250 deposit refundable through 7/20/18, less a $500 cancellation fee
7/21/18 to 10/18/18: Cancellation charge is 50% of deposits paid
After 10/18/18 or non-appearance on departure day: 100% of cost forfeited
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Pro Plus Plan
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the RoamRight brochure and application form, a brief summary of coverage and a rate table.
- When making your travel reservation, confirm with your Cruise & Tour representative if you will or will not be taking travel insurance.
- Payment for travel insurance can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Cruise & Tour and mail to PO Box 398, Waterford, WI 53185.
- Your Cruise & Tour representative will process your travel insurance on your behalf.
To view and print the Description of Coverage, click here.