Discover Washington, DC with Ross Kaminsky
I’m excited to announce that my inaugural trip will be to our nation’s capital! There is so much to do and see in Washington, DC, a city that has been changing dramatically in recent years. And this is the perfect way to experience it! We’ll be staying right in the heart of it all, just steps from the White House and close to all of the famous memorials and museums. We’ll see all of the iconic sites, learn lots of history and, of course, enjoy some good food, all in the company of fellow KHOW listeners. It’s going to be a blast. But hurry – space is limited!
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $499
May 5-9, 2022
5 Days / 4 Nights
- Stay in the Perfect Location at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center
- Visit the Famous Memorials
- Take a Tour of the White House (subject to approval)
- Tour the United States Capitol
- Explore Arlington National Cemetery
Relax on your nonstop flight to DC. After settling in steps from the White House at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center, get to know your fellow travelers over a welcome dinner. (D)
After breakfast, we’ll visit the White House for an inside tour (subject to approval by Secret Service). In the afternoon, we’ll explore historic Dupont Circle and Georgetown to hear tales, secrets and gossip of Washington’s former elite. Then enjoy free time to visit its many shops and restaurants before heading back to the hotel. (B)
Today we’ll see DC’s most iconic attractions, starting with an inside tour of the U.S. Capitol Building to see the Crypt, Rotunda and National Statuary Hall. From there we’ll hop on a coach for a full-day tour to all of the memorial heavy hitters (Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, Martin Luther King Jr., World War II, Vietnam War). Between seeing the famous sites, we’ll board a boat for a scenic lunch cruise on the Potomac River. (B, L)
The morning is yours to discover DC as you wish. Later, we’ll tour Arlington National Cemetery and pay our respects before exploring Old Town Alexandria and enjoying a scrumptious farewell dinner with the group in Alexandria. (B, D)
A nonstop flight brings you home to tell tales of your adventure in our nation’s capital. (B)
- Nonstop roundtrip airfare
- 4 nights at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center*
- 7 meals (4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners)
- Sightseeing as described in your itinerary**
- Airport transfers in Washington, DC
- Taxes & fees as of 12/1/19
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour
*The tour operator reserves the right to substitute a hotel of the same class should unforeseen circumstances so require.
**The tour operator reserves the right to substitute activities and sites in your itinerary based on local guidelines and restrictions.
- Travel insurance
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Gratuities to local guides
- Items of a personal nature & checked baggage fees (if applicable)
- Increases in taxes, fees, surcharges after 12/1/19
Tours to Washington, DC can include a considerable amount of walking. Participants should be capable of walking two miles in a day.
COVID-19 NOTICE: Effective immediately and until further notice, all guests may be required to provide one of the following in order to be able to travel: proof of vaccination, proof of recovery from COVID-19 (based upon a defined time frame specified by entry country), or a negative COVID-19 test result (based upon a defined time frame and test type specified by entry country). Specific requirements will vary by destination governing bodies and travel vendor/operator and are subject to change at any time. Cruise & Tour does not have any control over these requirements. Masks may be required to be worn during portions of your trip and specific requirements will vary by destination governing bodies and travel vendor/operator. Cruise & Tour does not have any control over these requirements. Any costs associated with these requirements shall be at the travelers’ expense. This shall not release the passenger from the cancellation policy or be grounds for adjustment of the price of the travel arrangements reserved.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$500 per person deposit required with your reservation
Final payment due 1/5/22
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Pro Plus Plan
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the RoamRight brochure, a brief summary of coverage and a rate table.
- When making your travel reservation, confirm with your Cruise & Tour representative if you will or will not be taking travel insurance.
- Payment for travel insurance can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Cruise & Tour and mail to PO Box 398, Waterford, WI 53185.
- Your Cruise & Tour representative will process your travel insurance on your behalf.
To view and print the Description of Coverage, click here.