Summertime on the Danube
Embark on a remarkable cruise along the Danube River, a journey that weaves through a tapestry of captivating destinations. Starting in Passau, where three rivers converge, experience the unique cultural mosaic of this historic city. Explore the birthplace of Mozart in Salzburg, and delve into the arts scene in Linz, Austria’s third-largest city.
Marvel at the 900-year-old Melk Abbey and wander the charming streets of Dürnstein, offering a taste of the region’s rich history. Vienna, known for its cultural treasures, beckons with a wealth of art and music. The cruise takes you through picturesque landscapes to Bratislava, a city steeped in historical and cultural significance. The journey culminates in Budapest, a city that seamlessly blends elements of the medieval and the modern.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $2,399
July 14 – 21, 2024
8 Days / 7 Nights
Arrive/Board Ship in Passau
Arrive at Munich Airport and transfer to the ship to start your journey down the Danube River. Meet your Tour Director, upon boarding, who will assist you with check-in, review the schedule of events, answer questions, and share suggestions as your amazing adventure begins. (D)
Passau stands as a crossroads in more ways than one, where three rivers meet, and three nations nearly do, making for a fascinating cultural mosaic. Discover the town and its main claim to fame—Europe’s largest pipe organ—or “Let’s Go” with an invigorating riverside hike! This evening, enjoy a special Captain’s Welcome Reception and dinner. (B, L, D)
Mozart’s birthplace, Salzburg, is nestled in a glorious alpine setting that glistens like a winter wonderland. While Linz may be best known for its famous Linzer torte, it is also a hub for the arts. Explore the city’s attractions with a local expert and visit a family at their farm in the countryside. Austria’s third-largest city, Linz, boasts a long trade and textile manufacturing history. These days, however, it is perhaps best known for its annual Ars Electronica Festival (festival for art, technology, and society). (B, L, D)
Cruise & Tour Event: Tonight offers a relaxed opportunity to meet up with the Tour Director and fellow travelers in the Salon for some drinks and engaging conversation.
This morning, visit the 900-year-old Melk Abbey, renowned for its extraordinary Baroque-style library. Later, you will head to Dürnstein, one of our favorite towns along the Danube, which offers a charming place to wander along cobblestone lanes, browse quaint shops, and maybe even hike up to a ruined castle, which comes with an intriguing tale of its own. You can also opt for a tasting or learn all about the world’s costliest spice from the Wachau Valley’s only saffron grower. You have two ports of call in the incredibly scenic valley: Dürnstein and Melk, each offering an assortment of delightful ways to explore this lovely region. (B, L, D)
Vienna is a cultural treasure trove celebrated for its art and music (not to mention its sinfully rich pastries). Experience the ‘City of Waltzes’ with a highlight tour of the city, followed by an expertly guided tour to the renowned Vienna Art History Museum, home to an extraordinary collection of art. After your tour, you will have leisure time to explore Vienna on your own. You might consider a visit to the Albertina Museum, which houses around one million old master prints and an impressive collection of works by 19th– and 20th-century painters, ranging from Renoir to Rothko. If you’re looking for a bit of exercise and want to experience a different side of Vienna, you can borrow a bike from the ship and explore Danube Island and Prater Park. (B, L, D)
Today, your ship departs from Vienna and makes its way to Bratislava. You can relax onboard all day, perhaps enjoying a drink on the Sun Deck while taking in the picturesque scenery as the ship gracefully navigates the Austrian Danube en route to Bratislava. Despite its smaller size, Bratislava has played a leading role in the politics and culture of the region for centuries, making it a destination of significant historical and cultural importance that is well worth a visit. (B, L, D)
Cruise & Tour Event: Join your fellow travelers and the Tour Director tonight for a casual gathering. Enjoy some drinks, get insights into the disembarkation process, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Budapest is an enchanting city that beautifully blends elements of medieval and modern architecture. This evening, join your fellow travelers for a special Captain’s Farewell Reception and Dinner. (B, L, D)
This morning, disembark from the ship and transfer to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport for your flight home, carrying cherished memories of your Danube River journey with your fellow travelers. (B)
- 7 Nights of 5-star luxury cruising onboard Uniworld’s delightfully designed, S.S. Maria Theresa* ($100 Shipboard credit per person, $150 Per person loyalty discount for River Heritage Club Members, Unlimited premium wines and spirits, Cruise & Tour's exclusive cocktail reception, Wi-Fi, and Daily excursions)
- Roundtrip airport transfers from the airport and ship (when flight arrival and departure times meet Uniworld’s guidelines).*
- All ground transportation
- Expert English-speaking guides
- 20 Meals (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners)
- Gratuities for cruise staff, all onboard activities, and Cruise & Tour's Tour Director
- Taxes and fees as of 11/7/23
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including Tour Director, sailing with you
*Complimentary transfers are available between the airport and the ship on July 14th and the ship to the airport on July 21st. Uniworld’s group transfers are scheduled between 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. To qualify for these transfers, your flight information must be sent to Cruise & Tour at final payment. If your flight arrangements arrive/depart outside of these parameters, you will need to make your own transfer arrangements. Please note that there may be a waiting period of two hours or more, depending upon group flight arrivals and departures.
**Uniworld Vessel S.S. Maria Theresa is subject to change. The order of sighting, docking points, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- $100 Shipboard Credit Per Person
- Enjoy cocktails and conversation with your fellow travelers
- The Choice is Yours – personalize your vacation and how you want to experience Europe, with daily selections of activities
- Explore 4 countries and view 4 UNESCO Heritage Sites along your journey down the Danube River
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 11/7/23
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Gratuities for drivers and local guides while in ports of call during your cruise
- Optional tours
- Items of a personal nature
Activity Level 3
This tour moves at a moderate pace where planned activities are extended and there will be limited leisure time. Days may begin earlier or end later in the evening. You can expect to be standing and walking for longer periods of time, climbing steps, walking uphill, and walking along uneven surfaces.
S.S. Maria Theresa, Uniworld Boutique River Cruises
|Classic||$3,499||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Classic Single Supplement (limited availability)||$2,399||Per Person|
|French Balcony||$4,499||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Deluxe Balcony||$4,999||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Suite||$6,999||Per Person Double Occupancy|
|Travel Insurance||Quoted at time of Booking||Per Person|
- A $500 per person deposit is required with your reservation.
- A second deposit in the amount of $1,000 is due 1/16/24.
- Final payment is due 2/16/24. All payments can be made by credit card or check.
- Your initial $500 deposit is refundable through 1/16/24, less a $250 per person cancellation fee.
- Between 1/16/24 and 2/16/24, the cancellation charge is 50% of the deposits paid.
- After 2/16/24 or non-appearance on departure day, 100% of the cost of your travel arrangements is forfeited.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.