Vienna to Prague with Eddie Fingers
|Uncover the wonders that rest along the Danube as you cruise from Vienna to Nuremberg.|
As your adventure begins, castles, stunning architecture, and natural wonders ensue. Discover the old walled city of Nuremberg and its mesmerizing castles. Stroll through countless enchanting towns and villages, all teeming with magnificent architecture and age-old tradition. Explore Weissenkirchen and its beautiful landscapes. And in the historical capital of Vienna, you’ll be met with Austrian grandeur and mystique on your search for new inspiration along the Danube.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $2,999
May 14-24, 2024
11 Days / 10 Nights
This evening board your flight to Austria.
Arrive in Vienna
Your tour begins in Vienna. Experience award-winning service onboard the elegant River Princess, with ever-changing views right outside your window, as we glide along the Danube River. The ship docks in the center of bustling cities and hidden gem villages affording us the opportunity to step right off the ship and start exploring each port. Your journey awaits. Welcome Aboard! (D)
Explore the “City of Waltzes” and dive into its vast artistic legacy. The city is known for its imperial palaces, famous residents, and expansive art collections. Perhaps the apex of baroque design in Vienna, Schönbrunn Palace’s gardens and structures form a perfectly integrated masterwork; it was Empress Maria Theresa’s favorite palace, and she made it the social and political center of her empire, beginning in 1740. Your visit today will concentrate on the rooms occupied by Emperor Franz Joseph and his empress, Elisabeth (known as Sissi, she was enormously popular in her day). Franz Joseph restored the state rooms to their Rococo splendor, but his private rooms reflect his rather severe nature, making for an illuminating contrast. (B, L, D)
Start your day in the heart of the Danube’s Wachau Valley, strolling through Weissenkirchen’s idyllic wine village while sampling mouth-watering apricot treats. Named for its white church that dominates the landscape, the city is flanked by vineyard-lined hills, historic houses, and beautiful courtyards. The Melk Abbey is a Baroque monastery and sits atop a rocky formation overlooking the Danube. (B, L, D)
In the evening, a special Captain’s Welcome Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you.
Engelharrtszell, Passau, Vilshofen
A new day brings new experiences in the forest-lined district of Engelhartszell. Experience Germany’s great outdoors by biking along the Danube River. Arrive in the afternoon at the “City of Three Rivers,” Passau, where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz rivers join, at one time bringing an influx of wealth and culture into the region. (B, L, D)
Nestled between Regensburg and Passau sits a town surrounded by the foothills of the Bavarian Forest, Deggendorf. Journey deep into the alluring Bavarian Forest National Park, Germany’s first national park, and discover outdoor leisure at its best. This evening, the Regensburger Domspatzen Choir will treat you to a private concert in their famous Gothic cathedral. Literally translated to “The Regensburg Cathedral Sparrows,” the Domspatzen is the oldest boys’ choir in the world, dating back to the 10th century. (B, D)
The nearly 2,000-year-old history of Regensburg begins with a Roman fort in 90 AD, from which Regensburg grew into the large and prosperous trade center that it became in the last few centuries of the Medieval period. This long history has been excellently preserved through Regensburg’s iconic architecture—particularly its many Gothic and Romanesque churches and Patrician houses. The choice is yours on how you wish to explore Regensburg. Choose between a Regensburg Walking Tour and walk through the cobbled lanes of its old town, or travel through Bavaria’s Holledau region and discover the beer making process from the hops field to beer stein, followed by a craft beer tasting in a cozy barn turned beer hall. (B, L, D)
The archetypal medieval German city of Nuremberg was once the unofficial capital of the Holy Roman Empire, housing many German kings in the Kaiserburg castle complex. Later, this city became the epicenter of the Nazi party. When the end of WWII left Nuremberg almost completely leveled, it was chosen to be the site of the war crimes tribunal—the Nuremberg Trials. Now, most of the city has been restored, including the old castle. (B, L, D)
In the evening, a special Captain’s Farewell Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you.
Nuremberg – Prague (Disembark)
Disembark the River Princess and bid farewell to the Danube River as we travel from Nuremberg to Prague, nicknamed “The City of a Hundred Spires.” This afternoon enjoy time at leisure to explore this beautiful city. (B)
Prague has been a magnet for artists, writers, scientists, and composers for centuries. It also boasts great beer, a lively art scene, stunning castles, and up-and-coming fashion designers, making it a fun and beautiful place to visit. Today, the choice is yours on how to explore the city-you may choose to visit Hradčany Castle, walk the Old Town of Prague, or stroll the pedestrian Charles Bridge lined with statues of Catholic saints. (B, D)
Depart for Home
Depart Prague with fond memories of your Danube River cruise experience. (B)
- Economy class roundtrip airfare from Cincinnati (CVG)
- Premium hotel accommodations in Prague**
- 7 Nights of luxury cruising aboard Uniworld’s Boutique River Cruises, delightfully designed, River Princess** ($150 shipboard credit per person; Unlimited premium wines and spirits; WIFI; Excursions)
- All ground transportation
- Expert English-speaking guides
- 22 Meals (9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 8 dinners)
- Gratuities for cruise staff, all onboard activities, and motorcoach transfer drivers between airports, cruise vessels, and hotels
- Taxes and fees as of 6/1/23
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including Tour Director
*Other gateways may be available upon request. Additional charges may apply.
- Cocktails with your host, Eddie Fingers
- Get to know Eddie Fingers over a Q&A session
- $150 Shipboard Credit Per Person
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 6/1/23
- Travel Insurance
- Air upgrades
- Gratuities for drivers & local guides while in ports of call during your cruise
- Airline baggage fees
- ETIAS authorization
- Items of a personal nature
Uniworld's Princess River Cruise
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.