WISN Great Escape - San Antonio Getaway
On this WISN Great Escape, immerse yourself in the captivating blend of history, culture, and culinary delights that San Antonio, Texas, has to offer. With its rich heritage, Spanish-influenced architecture, and the renowned Riverwalk, the city provides an inviting backdrop for exploration.
Delve into the essence of the region through diverse experiences, from visiting iconic landmarks to the scenic beauty of the Texas Hill Country, where charming settlements await. As you navigate this dynamic city, you’ll uncover its hidden gems and vibrant atmosphere, creating lasting memories along the way.
The adventures in this region will surely enchant you and you’ll return home with a deeper appreciation for the cultural tapestry that San Antonio has to offer.
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $799
April 11-15, 2024
5 Days / 4 Nights
Arrive, San Antonio, TX
Welcome to San Antonio, known as the “Alamo City,” where the renowned River Walk winds through historical districts. This city, steeped in rich history, boasts charming historical missions, Spanish architecture, and a lively arts and culture scene. Join us this evening for a warm welcome with drinks and snacks at the hotel.
History and culture come alive as we tour San Antonio with a local guide. See the Alamo, which played a critical role in the Texas Revolution, and visit the Mission San Jose. Later, visit the largest Mexican marketplace in the U.S., El Mercado. From vibrant art to homemade crafts, this market offers a treasure trove of products that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Then, enjoy time at leisure to discover the River Walk area on your own. Join us this evening for dinner to experience your first taste of the local flavors of Texas. After dinner, we’ll make our way back to the hotel, stopping en route to experience San Antonio | The Saga, a stunning display of light, color, and visual narration projected onto the majestic façade of San Fernando Cathedral, the oldest cathedral in the United States. (B, D)
The world-famous River Walk is one of the most famous attractions in Texas. While you can walk through much of it, why not see it in style? Relax on a narrated private boat ride and cruise along the Paseo del Rio to see its significant historical sights. Then, visit the South Texas Heritage Center at the Witte Museum where stories of San Antonio’s people and the land that shaped their lives come alive. Get around the San Antonio River Walk in style with an included GO RIO shuttle ticket and design the remainder of the day your way. Boats circulate throughout the area, picking you up and dropping you off wherever there is a GO RIO Shuttle sign. Go from one attraction to another, then hop on the boat for a relaxing ride to your next destination on the River Walk. (B)
Texas Hill Country
Journey outside of San Antonio to discover the Texas Hill Country. Our first stop will be at the Lyndon B. Johnson Ranch in Johnson City. Here you’ll see the boyhood home where the president lived from the age of five until his high school graduation and explore the visitors center where a permanent exhibit showcases Lyndon Johnson’s life and accomplishments. Then travel to the German settlement of Fredericksburg. Main Street is the center of the action in Fredericksburg, where you’ll find shops, art galleries, wine-tasting rooms, a brewpub, and more. Take time to independently explore this German town before traveling to an authentic Texas Hill Country dude ranch in Bandera, TX, known as the Cowboy Capital of the World. Take a lesson to learn how to lasso, enjoy a memorable wagon ride, and indulge in a relaxing BBQ dinner. After dinner, wind down at the campfire listening to cowboy tales and roasting marshmallows for s’mores before returning to San Antonio. (B, D)
Your tour wraps up in San Antonio. An included transfer will take you to the airport for your return flight home, making the end of your journey hassle-free and comfortable.
- Economy class roundtrip airfare from Milwaukee (MKE)*
- Premium hotel accommodations on the banks of San Antonio's River Walk
- All ground transportation
- Expert English-speaking guides
- 6 Meals (4 breakfasts, 2 dinners)
- Gratuities for drivers & local guides
- Taxes and fees as of 8/1/23
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour including Tour Director
*Other gateways may be available upon request. Additional charges may apply.
- Learn about the Alamo’s role in the Texas Revolution.
- Boat cruise on the famous River Walk.
- Explore the LBJ Ranch, his childhood home, and achievements.
- Visit Bandera, the Cowboy Capital, for a real Dude Ranch experience.
- Increases in taxes, fees, or surcharges after 8/1/23
- Travel Insurance
- Air upgrades
- Airline baggage fees
- Items of a personal nature
Activity Level 2
As this tour requires average physical activity, participants should be in overall good health, standing for periods of time, climbing stairs, and able to walk longer distances over level and uneven surfaces.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.