WJR Weekend Wonders – Washington, DC
WJR is excited to announce our new Weekend Wonders trip series, designed to show you iconic American cities on long weekend getaways. The inaugural trip in the series will be to our nations capital! There is so much to do and see in Washington, DC, a city that has been changing dramatically in recent years. And this is the perfect way to experience it! We’ll be staying right in the heart of it all, just steps from the White House and close to all of the famous memorials and museums. We’ll see all of the iconic sites, learn lots of history and, of course, enjoy some good food, all in the company of fellow WJR listeners. It’s going to be a blast. But hurry – space is limited!
Per Person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement: $499
Sep. 3-7, 2020
5 Days / 4 Nights
- Stay in the Perfect Location at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center
- Visit the Famous Memorials
- Take a Tour of the White House (subject to approval)
- Tour the United States Capitol
- Explore Arlington National Cemetery
Relax on your nonstop flight to DC. After settling in steps from the White House at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center, get to know your fellow travelers over a welcome dinner. (D)
This morning our tour of the nation’s capital begins appropriately with an inside tour of the U.S. Capitol Building to see the Crypt, Rotunda and National Statuary Hall. From there we’ll hop on a coach for a full-day tour to all of the memorial heavy hitters (Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, Martin Luther King Jr., World War II, Vietnam War). Between seeing the famous sites, we’ll board a boat for a scenic lunch cruise on the Potomac River. (B, L)
After breakfast, we’ll visit the White House for an inside tour (subject to approval by Secret Service). In the afternoon, we’ll explore historic Dupont Circle and Georgetown to hear tales, secrets and gossip of Washington’s former elite. Then enjoy free time to visit its many shops and restaurants before heading back to the hotel. (B)
The morning is yours to discover DC as you wish. Later, we’ll tour Arlington National Cemetery and pay our respects before exploring Old Town Alexandria and enjoying a scrumptious farewell dinner with the group in Alexandria. (B, D)
A nonstop flight brings you home to tell tales of your adventure in our nation’s capital. (B)
- Nonstop roundtrip airfare
- 4 nights at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center*
- 7 meals (4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners)
- Sightseeing as described in your itinerary
- Airport transfers in Washington, DC
- Taxes & fees as of 12/1/19
- Complete services of Cruise & Tour
*The tour operator reserves the right to substitute a hotel of the same class should unforeseen circumstances so require.
- Travel insurance
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Gratuities to local guides
- Items of a personal nature & checked baggage fees (if applicable)
- Increases in taxes, fees, surcharges after 12/1/19
**Tours to Washington, DC can include a considerable amount of walking. Participants should be capable of walking two miles in a day.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT:
$500 per person deposit required with your reservation
Final payment due 5/6/20
All payments can be made by credit card, check or cash.
How to Book
- Call Cruise & Tour at (800) 383-3131 or REQUEST A CALL
- Ask to have a place held on this trip
- You will receive an email with a link to our online registration form
Fill it out and you’re in!
It’s that easy. Give us a call today!
Travel Insurance Information
Worldwide Trip Protector
Cruise & Tour recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
To purchase travel protection insurance:
- Click here to view and print the Travel Insured International brochure which has a brief summary of coverage.
- After making your travel reservation and deposit, a Cruise & Tour representative will create an insurance quote for you. You will receive that travel insurance quote from Travel Insured International Customer Care.
- From here you will be able to view the quote, add additional coverage options such as Cancel for Any Reason, and purchase your policy all in the Travel Insured International Portal.
Please Note: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if you purchase the protection plan within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment. Options such as Cancel for Any Reason or Interrupt for Any Reason must also be purchased within 21 days of the date of your initial trip payment.
To view and print the Explanation of Benefits, click here.